The sun has produced energy for billions of years. We call this solar energy. Solar energy does not produce any pollutants and is one of the cleanest sources of renewable energy. It requires low maintenance and is easy to harness through solar photovoltaic technology (solar panels). As Asia typically receives abundant exposure to the sun, companies in Asia are in a unique position to positively reduce to their utility bills.
How do solar panels work?
Solar photovoltaic (PV) technology was developed in the 1960’s for space applications. This mature technology is now used in Commercial and Industrial rooftop applications. The PV modules convert the sun’s energy into usable electricity. The PV system works in this way:
- Solar PV modules are installed and positioned on the roof of buildings to get maximum solar radiation.
- The energy hitting the modules is converted into Direct Current (DC) electricity.
- The DC electricity flows through cables into inverters. These electrical devices convert DC electricity into Alternating Current (AC) electricity which is the same type used to power the majority of loads in buildings eg. machines, computers, lighting, A/C, etc.
- The AC electricity is then used throughout the facility and can in some cases be exported back to the grid.
- All generated AC electricity is tracked and easily accessible by the facility owner.
How will this system reduce energy costs for us?
Cleantech Solar does not disconnect or replace your current utility connection. The system installed provides power to the facility and simply reduces the amount of energy taken from the grid. When the solar facility produces less energy than needed, the balance is drawn from the grid or Diesel generator. The facility remains connected to the grid as it was before. The customer receives bills from Cleantech Solar for the lower-cost kWh and from the utility for the balance, at the same rate as before. The overall energy costs will reduce considerably.
Leave a legacy for your business
By reducing emissions and standing out amongst your peers, you will improve your company’s operational performance. You will also make yourself able to demonstrate the stepped improvements in environmental performance required by the latest standards such as ISO14001-2015.
Entering into a partnership with Cleantech Solar will ensure that you reduce your overall CO2 footprint by sourcing carbon-free electricity, at a discount to your current supply. Numerous customers actively use their solar projects in internal and external communications and it’s a great, cost effective way to enhance their brands.